Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It’s not me, It’s you...Lily Allen


Oh, Lily Allen. You know you love her, so don’t even lie. Stop pretending you don’t secretly sit in your room and listen to her first album, Alright, Still, on repeat. We all did it, and personally, I’m proud. Now it's time to stop and embrace It’s not me, It’s you with open arms. She’s no Shakespeare, but she writes effortlessly about relationships and all those other vapid college-age-kid things like a pro. At times cheeky, at others sappy sweet, Allen's sophomore album delivers. However, if you’re looking for the ska-pop of Mark Ronson, look elsewhere. Her sound has taken on a more electro-pop/retro feel, but hey, I dig. It's no Alright, Still, but it’ll do!

Check out her first single, “ The Fear,” and my personal favorite, “ Who’d have Known.” ( I’ve been playing that one on repeat, its almost replaced T.I...but not quite.) For the less faint-of-heart, "Fuck You" promises hilariously snarky lyrics over an even catchier melody.

Who'd Have Known - Lily Allen - mp3

The Fear - Lily Allen
- mp3

Fuck You - Lily Allen - mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment