Thursday, February 19, 2009

We're Germanotta for Gaga



My guilty pleasure du jour comes from a personal favorite, Lady Gaga. She's the raunchiest thing to hit the mainstream pop scene since Christina Aguilera's dirrty assless chaps, and I'm loving every minute of it. As a fellow New York Private School Alumna, I've got nothing but love for a girl who successfuly transitions from a uniform of a plaid skirt and white polo to a sequined leotard in the middle of winter. Though her single "Just Dance" put her on the map, her album The Fame is one of the best to come out this year. She writes her own material and though as impressive as it is rare in the mainstream pop world, the material itself is impossibly catchy, not to mention crazy danceable. Her new single, "LoveGame," on which Gaga claims proudly, "I want to take a ride on your disco stick," should be enough to make any shot go down smoother, and her new video for the song is pretty bangin', too. "Starstruck" and "Paparazzi" are two tracks guaranteed to enhance any drunken hookup, while "Christmas Tree," in which the always-classy Gaga pleads a lucky sir to "light me up, put me on top, let's fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la," is one of the more inventive takes on a christmas classick. With lyrics like those, Lady Gaga, you have an open invitation to my party (enticing, I know).
LoveGame - Lady Gaga

Starstruck - Lady Gaga

Paparazzi - Lady Gaga

Christmas Tree - Lady Gaga -

No comments:

Post a Comment